|26 October 2019||Leadership & Management||Mogadishu, Somalia||Full Time||Federal Ministry of Constitutional Affairs (MoCA)|
ABOUT COMPANY :
|Jamhuuriyadda Federaalka||ةيلاردفلا لاموصلا ةيروهمج|
|ةي روتسدلا نوؤشلا ةرازو|
|Wasaaradda Arrimaha Dastuurka|
Federal Republic of Somalia
Ministry of Constitutional Affairs
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: YOUNG GRADUATE
The Federal Ministry of Constitutional Affairs (MoCA) mandate is to facilitate the creation of enabling conditions that would ensure effective implementation of the constitutional review process. Its role therefore includes: promoting and facilitating political and public consultations on the review process with the Joint Parliamentary Oversight Committee of the Somali Federal Parliament, the Independent Constitutional Review and Implementation Commission, Federal Member States, political, social and cultural groups and the Somali people in general in order to create an open, transparent and inclusive constitutional review process.
The Constitutional Review and Implementation Support Project Initiation Plan (PIP), endorsed in May 2017, supported the Ministry of Constitutional Affairs to formulate and develop a Master-plan upon which the constitution review process will start. The PIP supported the initial activities required to take place to ensure an inclusive consultative process is in place to endorse and adopt joint roadmap for finalization of the constitution review process. During the PIP period, the Ministry of the Constitutional Affairs held extensive consultations with key role players and stakeholders that provided the current phase of constitutional review with the required legitimacy.
The Project is designed to provide responsive support to the constitution-making bodies, particularly to the activities of MoCA; and support for public civic education and consultation, particularly envisaging the inclusion of women, youth, minorities, and other marginalized people. The projects envisaged in the strategic plan of the ministry, especially with regards to consultative processes and civic education, are considered important entry points for respective project activities.
The objective of the program is to provide quality work experience to the newly Somali university graduates in the areas of Administration, Finance, law, public administration, management and among others. This will contribute to creation of skilled work force impeded in the ministry, thus help ministry to deliver its mandate.
- PURPOSE OF THE YOUNG GRADUATE INTERNSHIP
The Young Graduate Internship is aimed at providing Somali graduates with quality temporary work experience that will make them stronger candidates for job openings in the private and public sector through a two-months placement. It is common knowledge that majority of the unemployed youths are graduates who have no working experience and are most times not successful in their job applications because employers prefer experienced hands. Under MoCA internship will be placed in departments and sections on a ten-months internship.
The ministry is seeking three (3) Young Graduate Interns for the constitutional review process events and activities. The internship program will be two months. The opening application date is 13th October 2019 and closing application date on 26th October 2019.
- REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Must be University graduate
- Proficiency in Somali and English is required;
- Computer literate in standard software applications;
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the Government; and
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views;
- GENDER MAINSTREAMING:
The Ministry of the Constitutional Affairs is an equal opportunity employer and female graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- LOCATION AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Graduates will work primarily in Mogadishu with possible travels across Somalia.
- DURATION OF WORK:
The Internship program will be for two(2) months from the period November 2019 to December 2019.
- WHAT ARE THE AREAS OF THE INTERSHIP:
Under the supervision of the Director General, interns will assist Ministry of the Constitutional Affairs (MoCA) implementation of the projects activities in the following areas:
- Administration and Finance;
- Planning and Coordination;
- Institutional Development;
- ICT (information and communications technology – or technologies)
- Public Outreach and Civic Education;
- Translations Services – Somali to English and English to Somali;
- Legal Affairs;
- Report Writing;
- Project Management;
- Human resources;
- Event Planning and Management;
- Duties and Responsibilities:
The Interns are expected to support the MoCA Department’s in the day to day functions:
- Supporting in organizing workshops/consultative forums;
- Provide day to day support to the directors of the departments in the ministry;
- Assist the ministry in the implementation of the activities;
- Conducting research and any required assessments;
- Support in the preparation of various documentation and reports;
- Assist in the collecting and dissemination of information;
- Support in the organization of public consultations, Outreach missions and field trips;
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
The selection criteria for the young graduate interns are as follows:
- Must be a citizen of Somalia (with a valid ID);
- Must be committed for a period of two months;
- Must not be more than 30 years of age;
- Must be graduate from a university in the related field;
- HOW TO APPLY:
To apply to the MoCA Young Graduate Internship, please submit the following materials:
- CV along with their application letter and a copy of passport size photograph;
- Copies of academic certificates or transcripts;
- Statement of interest and relevant background (maximum four paragraphs; please indicate if you have particular expertise or experience related to the departments and tasks described above, as well as if you are available for two (2) months;
CVs and Applications should be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com no later than 26th October 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.